An international firm of architects introduced a new sustainable initiative, which challenged the business to review their own impact to climate change – and actions to reduce their impact.
Following an annual review, we were able to highlight what the current default investment was investing in and identified an opportunity to improve the sustainable credentials of the Workplace Pension Scheme.
The business had also grown substantially since the original Workplace Pension (as part of Automatic Enrolment) had been introduced. Therefore, the level of contributions and value of members’ pots was much greater.
- Improve the transparency and sustainable credentials of the Workplace pension provider and their default investment
- Give members the ability to choose from a wider range of Ethical or Belief-based funds, should they wish to increase the restrictions applied to certain sectors and industries
- Improve the ‘Value for Money’ and pension experience for members
HOW WE HELPED
- We undertook an open market tender exercise
- Following a review of terms, due diligence, sustainable considerations and member experience, we made a recommendation
- We provided all communications to share with staff
- We delivered several presentations to staff to ensure they understood the benefits of the schemes
- We reviewed existing monthly pension processes and liaised with external provider to generate efficiencies